Monday, April 7, 2008

What is a month?

Here is an interesting question. Is a month four weeks, or is it from date to date? Because if a month is four weeks long, then Cooper is a month old!!

If a month is instead from date to date (i.e. from the 10th of March to the 10th of April) then Cooper is still less than a month old today. Instead, his one month birthday will be on Thursday.

It doesn't really matter, of course.

Cooper has really improved his eating style in the last week. He is now regularly able to hit both boobs in one sitting, which hugely improves my comfort level and increases his sleeping and napping duration (more food = longer between feedings). I'm really happy with this, as I've patiently encouraged this behavior for a full month and it is nice to see my efforts pay off. The lactation consultant that I've chatted with on and off confirmed last week that some babies just need some time to let their stomachs expand and to get more awake while eating for longer periods. She said I was doing the right thing by encouraging him to at least try both sides and that eventually he'd take the hint. And here we are!

Nice work, little boy!

No comments: