Friday, February 22, 2008

Please, let third time be the charm

I'm not going into great detail because I am soooo tired of this problem, but in the blink of an eye my butt troubles returned with a vengeance. On Wednesday during the day I noticed some soreness, Wednesday night I slept poorly, Thursday rapidly turned into profound torture where getting in and out of the car actually made me sob (twice! fun!), Thursday night I slept for no more than 45 minutes in a row (punctuated by spectacularly painful attempts to do things like roll over, or drink water), and Friday morning I was at the doctor's. My favorite midwife took one look at the look on my face (we had talked on the phone Thursday afternoon) and said, "so should I schedule your surgeon first and THEN take a look at it for you?" Yes, thanks. That does sound like a sensible plan.

The surgeon, who I completely worship for how much nicer and better she is than the first surgeon who treated me two years ago, got me in her schedule just two hours later. She looked at it and said, "well, it sort of looks like last time, but not as bad." I told her that I was willing to bet her serious cash that it would be absolutely heinous. The pain, swelling and rapid onset were so much worse than last time. I think I said, "Trust me, this is really bad" several times.

I won that bet. I won't gross you all out but it was apparently horrific. Now I feel like a million bucks, in comparison to just this morning. It is the most rewarding 5 intense minutes of surgical misery that I can imagine. And at this point, I'm getting really good at my labor breathing exercises. Practice makes perfect.

Why did this happen again? Well, pregnant people have crappy immune responses. I happen to have some sort of reoccurring problem. The surgeon told me that now that I've had it three times, I should probably have an in-depth (ha, ha) exam a few months after the baby is born to see if I have something (I won't detail it) that needs a formal surgical fix. Then again, she said using different terms, I could still just be the unluckiest asshole in Missoula.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How cute for Lucky to have his own "baby" toy!! I agree, squeekerectomy is in order. Otherwise at the most inopportune time that "alarm" can sound and scare the beegees out of you!

You should add one more updated pix before too long... the final frontier for Baby radlowski. I keep thinking "Sam"... could be boy or girl name... Healthy for sure, by the looks and sound of you. We're going to have an "arrival shower" here with matt's aunts/cioces once we hear the baby is here, we will set a date and have a party for all of you, and we'll send pictures and presents to you..... can't wait. Do a group hug and know I'm wrapping my hug around all of you till I can be there in person to do it....... xop