Monday, February 18, 2008

Gravity

Whether or not the baby has "dropped" is a big topic of conversation when people see me. I offer you this information, as my faithful reader;

- I cannot sit with my knees together comfortably, as my belly gets pushed upwards by my thighs in a most uncomfortable way. Instead, I have to sit with my knees pretty far apart to create a thigh-gap hammock for the belly.

- My indigestion has improved lately

- The variety of pants that fit me has dropped noticeably in the last week or two. I am down to two pairs of yoga pants and one pair of sweatpants. My two nice pairs of maternity pants don't really fit anymore (useless!) and the only other option is old PJ bottoms which make me feel like a slob if I wear them all day long.

Counter evidence of dropping;

- As of Wednesday, baby had not "engaged"

- I don't feel the tell-tale low pressure that supposedly I would feel

- I am not peeing every 10 minutes. More like every hour, which is standard for me lately.

- I still am not really waddling. At least I don't think I am.

I'll have an update on baby position on Wednesday for my weekly appointment and that will be instructive. Until then, debate all you want.

No comments: