Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Appointment update

I have nothing exciting to report except that all systems are still "go!" I am the same amount dilated (just about 1cm, maybe 2), same amount effaced (about 60%), still ripe (mmmmm...) and the baby is still not engaged. My nurse said basically that it could be tonight, or it could be a full month from now, so try not to go crazy. She also said that she's guessing the baby weighs about 8 lbs right now. I'm growin' one for the county fair, apparently. If it takes another month before I go into labor, we'll be on track for a 10 pounder. Awesome... ouch!

On the other hand, the opinion of my water aerobics classmates is that I won't make it through the weekend. Less scientific for certain, but at least that sounds encouraging.

Today I thought I'd make a list of things that bring on Braxton Hicks contractions, just for fun.

- Having to pee really bad
- Walking up the stairs
- Going down the stairs if I am carrying something
- Unpacking the clothes dryer
- Water aerobics class
- Mopping
- Sweeping
- Laughing too hard
- Energetic baby karate
- Internal exams
- Often times, nothing at all

As you can see, I have them all the time. Dozens a day, and then certainly all night as far as I can tell. They make me feel like I can't breath very well, and I find myself yawning as sort of an early warning system. They don't hurt, mind you, but they feel really odd and are distracting. All part of the process, I know.

No comments: