Saturday, March 29, 2008

Two notes to readers

Note 1: I have a Kodak Gallery website with many photos of Cooper. If you have not yet received an invite to visit it, please email me and I will send you the link. Matt was kind enough to upload the newest photos last night while he was watching Cooper and letting me get some early night zzz's.

Note 2: Cooper already fits about half of his 3 to 6 month old clothing. Who would of thought Matt and I would make such a plump little feller? Funny!

General commentary...
Cooper's nightly sleep schedule seems to be forming a pattern. He eats a lot in the early evening, usually 6-8pm. Then he gets fussy and upset for a while. And then, if you rock him and generally help him get drowsy, he'll sleep pretty well for almost four hours. So Matt works on the computer keeping an eye on the little guy, and I crash out to get the bulk of my sleep. Then, around midnight or 1pm, Cooper wakes up and proceeds to maintain a less predictable 2 or 3 hour sleep/feed rotation for the rest of the evening. I usually try not to wake Matt for the first feed or two so that Matt gets a decent amount of rest for the second part of the night. By morning we are both at about 9 hours of sleep with interruptions- not too shabby.

Overall, I would not pick this sleep schedule for the rest of my life, but it is very workable. The typical new-parent-zombie period seems to have mercifully skipped our household and instead we are just a little tired and need to take naps on occasion.

No comments: