Saturday, March 8, 2008

I love generic tums

I love the generic brand, mixed fruit flavors, tums. They are so delicious. I like how crunchy, sweet and tangy they are. They are like giant smartee candies. I could eat an entire container of them. Sometimes I contemplate eating more than just two not because I need to, but because they taste so good. But I don't, because I don't want to grow dependent on them. Two is enough. Every night, before I brush my teeth, I chomp down two and savor their fruity-licious-ness.

Occasionally I wake up in the middle of the night with some mild acid reflux. I don't like this when it happens, but I always think to myself, "well, at least now I have an excuse to eat more tums." And then I go downstairs and slowly chew up two more wonderful little tum-licious tablets.

Is this wrong? Is it weird? Matt thinks I'm nuts- he claims they are gross and chalky. But they aren't! Now the real "Tums" brand tums- those are super disgusting. Their texture is all lumpy yet brittle, the flavors are too strong and kinda nasty, and they make my teeth feel funny. But the cheap generic type- I could pop them like candy all day.

Mmmmmmm... I wish I hadn't already had my nightly two tasty, tasty tums. Because if I hadn't already eaten them, I could justify having two more! Maybe I'd even get a lime flavored one (my favorite).

No comments: