Saturday, September 29, 2007

Froggy likes cupcakes

Since the first two or three weeks I haven't had any real food cravings. The first few weeks I wanted pickles, olives, and licorice. It was hot out, I was sweating a lot, so the salty foods made sense. Also, licorice is a folk remedy for nausea, so perhaps that made sense too.

In the last week I've started wanting odd foods again. On Thursday I made Matt pick me up some double chocolate cake mix on the way home from school and since then I have eaten an absolutely criminal number of cupcakes. Mmmmmm... delicious.

I read yesterday in one of my pregnancy books that cravings often intensify in the 4th month. Ah ha. I see now. Would that also account for why I bought and ate 1/4 lb of licorice on Friday? Yes, yes it would.

By the way, that wasn't a good idea. I did suffer some indigestion and regretted my actions. Next time I'll stick to about a 1/8 lb of licorice, I think. A quarter pound really was a lot. Or maybe I'll just eat more cupcakes.

No comments: