Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Freckles

I tried to wash a freckle off my arm last week. Twice. Then I inspected it- why would I be trying to wash off a freckle? Ahh... because it is a new freckle.

Now, before all you skin-cancer freaks get too excited, it is extremely common for pale skinned women to develop extra freckles while pregnant, and these freckles are not associated with skin cancer. Obviously, you could mistake a cancer-freck for a pregger-freck and thus, I am keeping tabs on the new freckles just in case. But they are not cause for alarm unto themselves and they usually go away post-partum.

I've been meaning to write about this freckle, and I have some downtime today waiting for meetings at school. But now that I look- it is gone! The freckle, which looked just like a tiny smear of dirt on my pasty white forearm, has disappeared as quickly as it arrived. I wonder if it will come back?

On a separate note, turns out a friend of mine from school's wife has almost the same due date as me. Funny! She is apparently feeling very upset and disappointed with being pregnant. I'm glad that I never felt that way... ambivalent on occasion, concerned for sure, but never upset or disappointed. I hope things go smoother as time moves forward- she, like me, is going to start looking pregnant really soon and that could be really hard on someone that isn't in a good mental place.

And I visited the new friend baby (Reuben). Very sweet. Looks a lot like his dad, but with his mom's hair. Sleepy, which was great. He is a little bit small (just under 7 lbs) and that was kinda fun to see- tiny hands! His mom and I got to talk about a whole bunch of baby/labor/pregnancy things, which felt good for me. Matt can't relate to much, clearly, so I like talking to female friends whenever it seems like a good idea. I think I learn a lot that way. Matt spent the time talking about cars, beer, and carpentry with Reuben's dad. Terribly appropriate.

No comments: