Monday, September 10, 2007

Pants are the enemy

I am running out of pant options.

I bought this nice pair of capris in late August while we were in Boise. They are comfortable, lightweight, and cute. They even still fit, thanks to a somewhat unique cut in the waist and rear. Problem? It is getting into the 30s at night here, and days are getting chilly. I can't wear lightweight beige nylon capris forever, and certainly not in the early frigid fall mornings. Besides, dog hair sticks to them really, really badly.

So I've been rummaging through my pants to find a pair that I will still fit. I even got a nice friend of mine to loan me a whole bunch of pairs of pants that are 1 size bigger than my usual size. These pants, too, are starting to not fit very well most of the time.

The rubberband through the buttonholes trick works great if I'm standing or walking, but as soon as I sit down...
a) the zipper gaps unattractively
b) the whole setup becomes rapidly uncomfortable

So I am forced to undo and redo my rubberbanded pants constantly, and this is not fun when you reliably pee once an hour. Or when I'm at home I just give up and wear them unbuttoned and unzipped, which is a great option UNTIL you go out into the yard to toss a bunch of wilted flowers on the compost and your slightly odd middle aged male neighbor accosts you from across the fence wanting to talk about your trip to New Zealand and your chickens. Did I zip and button? Heck no. Did he see my undies? I doubt it, but possible. Lately I've been trying to only wear undies that match my pants, so I was wearing navy blue undies with navy blue pants. Smart, eh? More subtle that way, I figure. Matt has not yet caught on to this but I do expect him to be rather amused.

I've been recommended by a friend a product called the Bella Band. I will look into this- a local boutique (read: grossly overpriced) maternity store carries this product and it supposedly is great for the enlarged but not yet enormous belly. $26 might be a worthwhile investment if it gets me through at least another month. And their website makes it look oooooh so temptingly useful.

YES! They carry this lovely product on Amazon. It is now on my new baby registry, along with the carrot hat I am coveting and the car seat that had really good reviews. MMMMmmmm mmmm baby carrot hat.

I suppose I could just wear my brilliant red high school track sweatpants for the next half of a year. GO FOXES!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I TOLD YOU SO about the pants.
I got myself a Bella Band thing and used it maybe once. But I think it's a good option if it works for you. I strongly recommend getting it in the color black.
Is the carrot hat for you or for the fetus?

MissoulaChick said...

It is for the baby, upon arrival. As far as I know, fetuses cannot wear clothing of any kind.

:)