Friday, September 28, 2007

Things just keep growing

I know that you are supposed to get bigger in a lot of ways while you are pregnant, but I have to say this boob thing is really getting out of hand.

Recently I've been having this weird sensation that something is sticking to my ribs late at night. It wasn't comfortable and I could not figure out what was going on. After a few days of pondering it, I discovered that when I'm not wearing a bra my boobs are now, when I slouch in front of the computer, slightly sagging and touching my ribs. Not any other time- like not when I'm sitting up straight (at dinner, etc, not a problem) but when I'm sitting like a Neanderthal late at night. Geez. I've never had this problem before.

So I decided to look through the array of nursing bras that have been lent to me by friends to see if different ones fit now, considering my obvious growth lately. And lo and behold... I am now a 36 C. Oh yeah, in 4 months I've covered 34 A to 36 C. Rumor has it this is only bound to get more impressive in the next 5 months.

WARNING: vulgar story comes in this next paragraph!

Recently I brought this topic up with Matt as follows,
Leigh, "Honey, this boob growth thing is insane."
Matt, "I know, sweetie. It has to be weird for you."
Leigh, "Can you imagine how it would feel if part of YOUR anatomy suddenly tripled in size?"
(Matt shows a sly grin)
Matt, "Well, give me 5 minutes and we'll see."
(Leigh thinks about that for a second)
Leigh, "AAaaww that is NOT what I meant!"


So I am left with giant hooters, a belly button that is increasingly distorted, and a belly that I don't care about right now. The belly doesn't bother me- that is the point, after all- you gotta grow one to grow a baby. But the boob thing just is crazy. Couldn't we stop here? I don't need any more boob to carry around. Noone ever starved a baby with 36 Cs!

I gotta go shopping for bras again. Sigh...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Size of breasts does not indicate quantity of milk supply. Larger breasts may mean a greater capacity, but smaller breasts can make up for this with quicker on-demand production.

Also, Matt's come a long way in the boldness department.

MissoulaChick said...

That is exactly my point! Can't I just stop now?

My friends have started staring at my boobs. I swear to god. And then they say, "geez (pointing to chest) is that uncomfortable?"

Yes. Yes it is.