Tuesday, October 2, 2007

New! Annoying!

I think this is becoming a total complaint blog. Lame!

With that, I will complain about the newest issues. I know no-one promised me a rose garden, and I know I am extremely fortunate for the simplicity and lack of sickness that has been my pregnancy thus far, but still... I have discomforts! I want to complain about them!

1) For the last two weeks my upper back and ribs have been frequently very sore and they ache, often to the point of driving me to incessantly squirm in my chair or worse still, need to lie down for a while. If I lie down for about 20 minutes it goes away, so that isn't that terrible. This happens nearly everyday, and usually is correlated with too much sitting still in a chair (like in a lecture hall, or at work).

2) I have this small, crazy rash on both of my elbows. The outside part- the wrinkly, dry part. This rash has actually been plagueing (plaguing? that is tough to spell) me since about early August. It itches. It looks slightly yucky. It seems like bug bites, but after 1 1/2 months and two separate countries I've concluded the bugs cannot be blamed any longer. It must be a pregnancy dry skin irritation type thing. I'm trying to self-treat this rash with intense moisturizing and it seems to be working a little bit; I've noticed less itching since I brought out the Burt Bee's salves. I figure at minimum my elbows smell nice now.

3) My belly button has been slowly modifying itself for about two or three weeks. Right now I seem to be past the "horrible burning sensation" phase that sucked last week, and instead I'm in the "aches and tenderness" phase. It also looks sort of blobby and it is clearly going to move past the surrounding skin within the next month or so. If I lie down and tense my stomach (like to sit up), it does a very creepy weird thing that makes Matt actually feel nauseous if he sees me do it. So I don't do that anymore when he is around. Also, my belly button has looked mildly bruised for the last three weeks. Eww...

On the flip side-

1) For whatever reason, pregnancy has actually improved my facial complexion. This is delightful and unexpected. Hurray for fewer zits!

2) Sometimes I have started to be able to feel the baby move. Just a tiny bit. But that is fun and different.

3) We're having a baby!

So yeah, the good does outweigh the bad. Enough said!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

1. That's probably your rib cage expanding. You'll be a 38C before too long.
2. I think a little Eucerin will clear that up. Sounds like eczema or just really dry skin. Moisturize often!
3. You have always had a weird belly button. I think it's going to go Seriously Outie within a few weeks, and by the end of your pregnancy, it'll look like you have a hot dog under your shirt.

MissoulaChick said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence on item #3. ;)

I know I'm doomed to have a 11th finger down there, it is just a matter of time. It is already kinda lumpy-funky.