Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Apparently, my gums are pregnant

I visited the dentist today and had a nice thorough cleaning. The first thing the hygienist said is, "Oh! You are pregnant! You want me to get you a little pillow for your back while you sit in our chair?"

Guess it is getting pretty obvious, or at least to hygienists. Very thoughtful of her to ask about the pillow. I declined, but it was a nice idea.

Then of course she chattered on as she scraped my teeth about her kids, having kids, how exciting being pregnant is, and that sort of thing. It was entertaining. When she got to cleaning my lower back-most molars, she informed me that I have an extremely mild case of pregnancy-induced gingivitis on both back rear molars. Huh. So my gums are pregnant, too.

Thankfully, the only thing I need to do is brush extra well back there and remember to floss all the way to behind the backmost teeth. That is doable, and she said that I shouldn't worry too much about it unless they start to ache or hurt. Then, back to the dentist for me. But she said that is really, really unlikely because my teeth are so nice and clean. Good for me!

No comments: