Sunday, August 3, 2008

A thrilling weekend

This weekend has been FULL of baby excitement.

With Cooper's newfound sitting skills (unsupported! self sufficient for up to 10 seconds!) in mind, I practically ran out of the moving car to a nearby garage sale. There was the nicest looking, well maintained, unpainted high chair. All dark wood, really good shape, and cheap as hell.

I inspected it thoroughly for obvious issues and talked to the woman that had used it to feed her SIX yes SIX boys.

"No girls?"

"Nope. Girls, who needs 'em?"

Wow. So yeah, the thing is well built. I snapped that puppy up and brought it home. Then I read up on highchair safety and discovered that things have only very slightly changed since the 1970s, and thus a very easy and quick fix involving the sewing machine and a spare backpack buckle brought my newfound treasure up to current safety standards.

Sweeeeeeet.

Oh, and did I mention Cooper adores it? Eating meals with mom and dad is now so cool. He sits there chewing on his toys and tossing toys onto the floor as we "adults" eat real food and retrieve his dropped toys. Its great! He is learning what mealtime means, I think, and that is a good lesson.

Today at lunch Cooper was residing in his new perch, chewing on a toy while Matt and I enjoyed some fresh pasta and tomatoes. I happened to look at Cooper while he had his mouth wide open and thought, "What the heck?"

He has a tooth. It is just minutely, barely, hardly above the gum. Bottom middle right side.

Unbelievable.

1 comment:

Daisy said...

Woo-hoo! That's amazing. I stand by my statement that you have the most well-adjusted baby EVER. Rock on, little tooth!