Monday, August 11, 2008

The rest of me

Cooper slept for 10 hours, uninterrupted, last night. Pretty cool.

I slept for 7 hours, and then I had to pee. Darn! I got two more in after the pee break, so that ain't half bad.

When I started the baby journey, I was happy with my body shape and clothing size. For much of the pregnancy, I could get by if I was wearing just one size up, especially if using a hair elastic to tie the waistband of pants loosely. Towards the end, only serious maternity wear and Matt's clothing worked- that was about the last two months, maybe three. Its foggy now.

What I've discovered as of last weekend (I had to go shopping, ewwww, for some breast-feeding friendly clothing appropriate for summer weddings) is that I'm back to my original size! My waist is kind of a funny shape from the odd stretch-mark ridden loose baby pouch (I like to think of myself as a kangaroo in recovery) but for the most part, I fit the pre-preg sizes. Of course, certain cuts of pants especially are not flattering because nobody wants my pasty-white loose belly skin blinding them in the sunlight, but hey, at least stuff fits. And looks good.

Most exciting is that I found a cute, lightweight dress on the clearance rack that is very breastfeeding friendly for exactly 50 cents more than my gift certificate. SCORE!

No comments: