Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Friends havin' babies!

Our friend who is also our neighbor had her baby (their second child)! A cute little boy, 7 lbs 12 oz. I think the final decision on the name was Harlan, but it was still slightly up in the air when I last visited. The baby looks great, she is doing very well (she tried for a VBAC but ended with a "CAC"...) and her 2 year old daughter is adjusting really well. The dad, of course, is thrilled.

Another couple that we are acquaintances with either had their second child in the last two days, or is still waiting to get the show on the road. Baby #2 is being more cooperative then baby #1 was, as baby #1 was footling breech and had to be a scheduled C section. Baby #2 is in the right position for a successful vaginal delivery, so that is good. When Matt and I saw them at the Farmer's Market, she looked really healthy and only slightly pissed off. I was amazed that it was her due date and she didn't have a big scowl on her face (not that she is a negative person, just that being overdue with a second baby is annoying and uncomfortable as I imagine it).

Last but not least, another friend has almost made it to the 12 week mark with her pregnancy. She and her husband are so excited that it is comical. You gotta love the enthusiasm. And, perhaps most excitedly for me, she wanted ALL my maternity clothing to borrow. Awesome! One less box in our tiny house! And she's exactly my size, so it will all go to good use.

No comments: