Wednesday, July 16, 2008

And what about me?

I'm doing very well, thanks.

My hair is still falling out in gobs. It is gross. I can't believe how long this has been going on. I really thought the post-partum hair loss phenomenon wouldn't last for months. Luckily, my thick hair doesn't show it cosmetically, but the ickiness of having my hair truly all over everything is really unpleasant. The shower drain is only part of the problem- I also find it in clumps in our carpets, on my clothing, on Matt, you name it. Yuck.

My belly button has some seriously weird residual distortion. It is not flattering. The rest of my belly is passable- the stretch marks are fading fast enough that they are not bugging me, the skin is getting less saggy, and in general my whole body is coming back to a more normal place. I'm pretty sure some things, especially in the belly area, will never be "the same" but I didn't sign up for this expecting that, if you know what I mean.

Oh, and my bust is still stupidly, aggravatingly, huge. I could really do without the giant hooters. The one and only thing I look forward to about weaning is a return to boob normalcy. I have been warned they will be saggy, but I DON'T CARE. I just want to wear a sports bra and have it actually work.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Re: Hair: Oh, I have been there. The HAIR! Everywhere. Make sure it doesn't accidently get wrapped around any part of the baby. That's called a "hair tourniquet".

Re: Boobs: I have such schadenfreude about you suffering with big boobs. But I will reassure you that in less than a year, sports bras will tame your saggy limp breasts better than they ever have before. It's pretty great.