Tuesday, July 31, 2007

New Zealand, pregnant

So far the traveling-while-pregnant has been going surprisingly well. The biggest problem is my general tiredness. I do well for the majority of the time, and then I end up collapsing in a heap of exhaustion at some point. For instance, we skiied for two days successfully, which went extremely well, and each night I was asleep at 8pm and did not wake up until 6:30am. Then, on the third day, I woke up at 7am, ate breakfast, told Matt I needed a nap, slept from 8:45 until 11am, went for an absolutely unbelievably beautiful 4 hour hike, got back, ate dinner, and slept from 7:30pm until 7am the next morning. That is about 15 hours of sleep in a single 24 hour period.

Matt is being very patient with me on this. I send him off to do grocery shopping or email while I nap. It actually doesn't impede on our schedule as much as you might think- I'm usually chipper from about 8am to 5pm (prime skiing/hiking time) and then after that I'm a heap of uselessness. Hot chocolates seem to help, probably blood sugar related.

I don't really see it, but Matt says my waist looks different. Hmmm... I brought only my comfiest, baggiest pants, so I think I just am not noticing. I also left my fairly snug snow pants at home in favor of just wearing Matt's old ski pants. Much better than being uncomfortable.

My boobs continue to grow. Ha! Good thing I got that new lovely sports bra- it is great. Unattractive, but effective.

No comments: