Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Secret Blog

If you create a blog but you don't tell anyone, does it really exist?

I know people will envy us for this, but I never ever ever suspected that Matt and I would successfully fuse our respective gametes on the very first try. Really. The very first try. That seems insane to me, but I guess it seems insane to hundreds of foolish teenagers, too. And you know what? Two days after said successful fusing I thought to myself... "I feel really, really weird. Really weird." and suddenly coffee smelled extremely repulsive.

And then a couple days after that I suddenly wanted to eat about 2 pounds of "Good and Plenty" candies. So I bought a huge box and ate them. So good! Matt started to give me funny looks at that point, and I 'fessed up that I felt really, really weird. He looked at me in a weird, mildly puzzled way. Men!

I've never had a late cycle, ever, by more than 24 hours. Later, after counting on the calendar and discovering I was five days late, I put the pieces together more decisively. My boobs were killing me, I had an inexplicable desire to eat more Good and Plenty candies, I felt mildly carsick when on solid ground about once a day for 15 to 20 minutes, and I felt tremendously bloated. My thought was, "Well now, I should probably go and figure this thing out."



March 11th, here we come!

NOTE TO READERS: because this blog is now "public" this post is no longer quite accurate. It was a secret blog until we told our friends and family about the pregnancy, and now it is a public blog.

No comments: