Saturday, July 7, 2007

D? Good lord.

I told a friend (a recent mother herself) that Matt and I are expecting. This was mostly because she has a million pregnancy and newborn health books but also because I wanted to complain to someone (Matt is out of town). Her mother-in-law is a nurse, too, so I know these books are probably the best books out there. I now am the proud custodian of three pregnancy books- it is a good start.

I was chatting with this friend today and she warned me that the boob thing was bound to get far, far worse. She said she went from 32A (or 32B depending on the brand), to a generous 32C during pregnancy. She then topped out at 32D for the first three months of nursing. Oh my god. She told me that I should just start buying really cheap, fairly unattractive bras because there is no way to tell when the madness will stabilize. Now that her little girl hasn't been nursing for several months, she has shrunk down to a 32A again and says that she is smaller than when she started and can't even wear her pre-pregnancy bras because they all don't fit well.

I need to get a new bra tomorrow, and I suspect it won't be too long until it doesn't fit either. I also need new sports bras ASAP so that I can be comfortable exercising like this. Right now even stairs are an unpleasant experience- too much jiggling.

No comments: