Friday, July 6, 2007

Can't take a true "before" photo

I normally bloat up about 5 lbs just before I get my period, and some of my more stylish pants and more snug teeshirts don't look quite right for about 3 to 4 days. Then, it goes away. To me, this process has been annoying for around the past 10 years, but no big deal. It has always been the case that all those 5 lbs are located exactly on my normally gently curving belly, which transforms into a bigger, less attractive belly.

My belly is now in a quasi-permanent state of 5lb bloat. Now, I'm not saying that I resent that, I'm actually kind of proud of it for being sort of cute and pre-pre-baby looking. However, I cannot take a proper "before" photo! My "before" state departed about a week after conception, when the only clues were my general weirdness and desire for Good & Plenties. I acquired the 5lb bloat right on schedule, as always, and now... now it is still there. I suspect from what I've read that it should stay just about like that for another two months, and then all hell will break loose and I'll pine for the 5lb days in a haze of increasing unwieldiness.

I guess the first photo will be the 6 week photo. I'll have to wait for Matt to get home to take it properly. If nothing else, my newly enormous hooters are complimenting the bloat. Booooooooobs.

No comments: