Monday, August 6, 2007

Day off

I'm taking a day off from skiing to rest. I've been hiking/skiing without too much trouble, and very much enjoying it. I do get out of breath pretty fast, which is funny yet annoying. I feel sort of mildly vomity fairly regularly and I do wish that my tiredness would ease up, but to no avail. The OB just said that I need to not over-do it, so when I get fatigued, I take lots of breaks. No problems with this strategy so far!

I haven't gotten noticeably bigger anywhere but the bust keeps growing. Matt's eyes bugged out of his head the other day when I was getting changed. Hilarious.

I'm officially in my third month now. That means that by the end of the month (each medical pregnancy month for my body starts on the 5th) I'll be 1/3 through. That is good to think about. I know I'm getting off really, really easy right now with just being sleepy and mildly nauseous. Sometimes I have no appetite, and sometimes I have a ravenous appetite, which Matt finds baffling and amusing. I don't think it is too funny because when I don't eat, I feel more pukey. But sometimes I desperately don't want to eat. Errrr. I just keep reminding myself- better than puking, better than fainting, better than... better than just about any alternative! It is a sensation like I've been reading in the car for about 30 minutes. Yick.

Matt and I went for a nice hike the other day and WALKING, yes walking, downhill made me motion-sick. It was funny in a bad way. I was walking down a fairly steep grade for a pretty long time and the bobbing up and down of walking steeply downhill made my head start to get woozy and I felt like I might vomit. I told Matt and he looked at me like I'd gone totally nuts. It passed after I took a nice scenic break to look at the mountains and take a photo or two.

No comments: