Sunday, August 26, 2007

Salcylic Acid

I read yesterday that I am supposed to avoid using Salcylic Acid containing products. Shoooooot... too late- I use a facial wash containing this, every day.

I looked on the label of my facial wash. Nothing about "not for use by pregnant women." So, what is the deal?

Today I did a search through my books and the internet for other opinions and info. Turns out that a "topical wash" like I use is harmless, while deep acid peels, masks, and full body treatments are a no-no. I can, and will, continue to use the facial wash I've trusted and used for years to keep my low-level zit population under control.

Why couldn't the original article have said that facial wash was OK, but the other stuff is bad?

Jerks.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

You should see a dermatologist.
I brought it up with my dermatologist several months before we started trying, just to make sure that whatever potential toxins were in my system had time to work their way out. She was very helpful.