Friday, September 25, 2009

Vigorous child

I don't know how else to describe it- this second child is dang vigorous. I'm humbled by the things it can already do- kick me in two places at once, tent up my skin in a startling way, make me cough when I didn't need to cough. This baby already has great muscle strength and endurance. I'm impressed.

I bet Cooper was the same way at this age, but I think my muscles were so much tighter then that he probably encountered more resistance at first. By the end of my pregnancy with Cooper, he was so powerful he could wake MATT up from a dead sleep by kicking him- hard- through all my layers of muscles, skin, and PJs. I used to sleep on my side with Matt right against me, and Cooper would pop him in the ribs or lower back periodically. That's a strong baby. In utero.

I think we'll get there again. Maybe soon, at this rate. This kid is not shy about kicking around in there.

Oh, and I did I mention I'm not even 22 weeks pregnant? This child is about the size of a large banana. Weighs between 3/4 and 1 pound. So it is not like it is big yet. Just strong.

No comments: