Saturday, September 5, 2009

Got things to do

We're expecting another kid in February, and I'm about 18 weeks into this pregnancy. Once again, I have an "anterior placenta" which just means that for whatever random reason, the placenta is attached to the front of my uterus (against my belly button) instead of the back (up against my spine). Technically, this should mean that I don't feel the baby kick very often, and that the start of feeling the baby kick would come later and be more subtle.

Technically. But apparently, this kid has got things to do. In fact, it already seems to spend a significant amount of time pummeling me. At 5 1/2 inches long, the little bugger's legs can't be longer than my thumbs, but goodness does it pack a nice little kick! Thwack, thwack... clearly an energetic baby in there.

It is nice to feel it goofing around. Cooper was the same way when he was just a tiny little thing. Always moving, adjusting, exercising, stretching. And as most people know, Cooper has grown to be a delightfully energetic and active kid. Not hyper by any means, but active and very capable of jumping, running, etc.

So it looks like I'm in for another five months of internal tumult. Something to look forward to, until it starts to really hurt, and then I look forward to the kid being on the outside instead.

No comments: