Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Boo!

We are not sure how it started, but Cooper has started saying "Boo!" to cats. Instead of what he used to do (say "Kitty!" and point at the cat) he now bends down, stares at the cat, yells "Boooooo!" and then stands up and looks around proudly. See? I said Boo to the cat!

Matt and Cooper practice saying "Boo!" around the corner of the couch, or behind a door, etc to each other. My guess is that something about the way that cats lurk behind furniture reminds Cooper of this fun game that he plays with his Dad, and that started the Boooo to cats. Of course, the first couple of times Cooper tried it, we laughed at him, so that reinforced it.

Sometimes he giggles excitedly as he says Boo, at which time it sounds like Booheh booohehheh booooheh to the cat. The whole thing is pretty quirky. My friend Julie who has several very sedate and well mannered cats said that his Boo to cats was awfully cute, and her cats don't seem to care in the slightest, so I think it is a harmless thing.

Now, as a reminder, we don't have cats. My cat allergy has gotten worse as I've gotten older, so it isn't a possibility for us. This is sad for me, but considering I am not alone in having a cat allergy, it is good for our friends that are also allergic- as our house is a sort of cat-free safe zone to them.

Boo to cats!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is a riot! And very Halloween-y.