Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Average? What?

I had my 20 week ultrasound today- fun fun. Baby was pretty obedient at showing all sorts of organs, cute little hands, swallowing, kicking, etc. And when all was said and done, the ultrasound tech said, "Well, you have a very average little baby in there! That's great!" to which Matt and I said, "What?"

Cooper was never average. He was always big- sometimes almost comically so- even as a 20 week old fetus. So I was quite surprised to read the summary screen of this ultrasound and see numbers like 52%, 49%, 55% instead of what I saw last time (95%, 89%, etc). This kid is apparently textbook average sized.

Huh. Did not expect that.

We'll see as time goes by, but perhaps this child will actually wear NB size clothing. Could even be a more, uh, shall we say, "manageable" birthweight. Now that sounds kinda nice.

No comments: