Thursday, January 24, 2008

Butt!

Oh glorious day!

At 5am this morning I awoke to a vicious tumult in the uterus. I had a few painless funky contractions (this is totally normal, I've talked to the doctor about it, and honestly it is pretty cool to watch) and generally laid there thinking, "what in god's name are you doing down there?" My belly gave the impression of some sort of internal greco-roman wrestling match.

A few minutes later it became abundantly clear. I now have aggressive little feet jamming themselves into my ribs, lungs, and stomach. Hiccups are now centered somewhere around the "business end" of my reproductive tract, as Matt likes to phrase it. And best of all, where the bobble-headed-grapefruit used to be is now a lumpy little butt. Sometimes knees too.

Ahhhh.... so much better.

Matt was impressed this morning. "Geez its getting strong!" Yeah, try having THAT pounding your walnut-sized bladder for two weeks. Kicking your ribs is so, so, so much nicer. I really hope this is the last flip our little friend wants to execute.

No comments: