Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sweet, sweet snow


Oh happy day!

I have been waiting for enough snow (any snow, really) so that I could go skiing. After the strong storm that moved through on Sunday night, and a few subsequent inches each night since then, the Nordic Club decided to groom out one of the free local XC skiing areas (Pattee). A while back I decided that to keep safe, I would only ski groomed trails this winter, so I was THRILLED that they groomed Pattee- only 15 minutes from our house! Nice long looping gentle trails!

Don't I look psyched? Oh joyous day to be on my skis. And my good XC jacket still zips up... barely.

The only bummer is that Lucky cannot go on these trails- no dogs allowed on the groomed paths. Sad, but necessary to keep the grooming lines clean. I understand. But Luck was upset to be left behind in the house, of course.

No comments: