Sunday, June 6, 2010

Weekend successes

Cooper's potty training is going so well, I'm almost hesitant to say anything and jinx it. He's averaging about one pee accident a day, and he's only had one poop incident since the day we started this process (and it was day 2). Today he started his day in the same underwear as he ended it, which was also the case on Thursday. I'm really excited about this whole thing.

As usual, I don't really think our incredibly superior parenting skills (ha!) are the cause of this. Sure, we seem to have picked a good time, and not screwed anything up royally. But overall, I think it is all about Cooper. I think he wants to do it, and I know he was physically ready. He's figured out all on his own how to stay dry during naptime, which we just assumed would take months. Nope... instead, despite still wearing a cloth diaper during naps, he holds it all nap and then when he gets up, he carefully unsnaps his diaper, puts it in the laundry bin, sits on his itty bitty toilet, pees, and then asks for whatever pair of underpants he's favoring that day. "All done potty! All done pee! Doggie underpants pleeeeeze. Mama help!"

Amazing kid.

His underpants selection is cute, I think. Motorcycles, racecars, dogs, turtles, alligators. He likes them all, but I think dogs are becoming the favorite. He's getting better at getting them on all by himself (he can get them off really well) although he still needs a hand getting his feet in the holes. He often ends up with both feet in one hole, etc, and then gets frustrated. I understand- that'd annoy me, too.

No comments: