Wednesday, June 2, 2010

He gets it

Cooper is well on his way to being a fully capable underwear wearing kid. Yesterday was his first day at daycare and he used the toilet with a little kid seat adapter thingy five or six times. He peed his pants only once, and it was in the first five minutes of the day (probably the most stressful part of the day, in my mind).

When he got home, he used his tiny toilet several times to pee, and then asked me if he could go outside and poop in the gravel walkway. I said yes (hey, at least he asked) and was amazed when sure enough, he marched out there, pooped in the gravel, looked at it, and then told me he needed help cleaning it up and getting himself some jellybeans. After dinner, he also used his toilet multiple times, and peed in the grass out in the backyard for fun.

This morning, he peed twice in the tiny toilet before going to daycare, and asked to please wear his bike-print undies. That's motivation!

I'm pretty amazed. He totally gets it. I know we'll have regressions, and I know it is very early to expect Cooper to really do this, but I'm still very optimistic. This is a kid that really seems legitimately able to do it. Awesome.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Leigh, you were content with M&M's , but jellybeans rock!