Friday, June 11, 2010

We all lost the bet

I bet 16lb 8oz, Matt bet 16lb 10oz, and Lindsey (our new, delightful, part-time nanny) bet 16lb 13oz... and we always bet "Price is Right" style... and we all lost. Little boy weighs 16lbs 7oz. ZOUNDS! I should have breastfed him for like 5 more minutes in the waiting room and I'd have WON!

:)

Silliness aside, he's still a huge kid. Over 75% for all measurements, and very strong for his age. The doctor was very impressed with his standing and push-ups. She agrees that by the 6 month, it is likely he'll be crawling, and sitting.

Also, his even temperament is amazing. He happily sat in my lap, fiddled with my sweater, played with a toy, and nursed- for almost two hours (the dr's office was running extremely late). And THEN he got a vaccine- and cried for less than 30 seconds. Then he giggled at me, and cooed. Crazy.

As for Cooper, his toilet training hit a rocky patch a few days ago when he had some kind of GI disturbance that led to very, very messy stuff coming out of his rear end. Poor kid. The positive side is that it really helped him transition out of using the front yard as a latrine, and also made him figure out WHY he needs someone to help him clean up after he's done.

So now we have a kid that yells, "Potty! Potty!" and then "I poop wiff my bupp on the potty!" and once he's done, "Momma! Help heen my bupp!" And finally "All done. I dump it out potty in terlet. My hurn flush terlet!"

Awesome.

No comments: