Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Three updates

1) My surgery recovery is going extremely well at this point. I feel good- only a little sore here and there. It is a shame that I can't do any fun stuff yet, because I so desperately want to dig in the garden, go for a bike ride, and so forth. But I'm resisting the temptation. I'm excited that I look good, too (dare I say it). The swelling is almost entirely gone, my skin is pretty smooth, my body's shape is almost back to a normal contour, and the scar is extremely thin and looks like it will be remarkably subtle once it fully heals. It is very exciting.

2) Cooper's cold-turkey diaper removal project has been really, really enlightening. It turns out that Cooper's only roadblock to full underpants wearing capability is his own reluctance to change his behaviors. He's fully capable of it, physically, and when he wants to use a toilet, he does it just fine. So now I think we just need to make it normal and routine, instead of new and different. Kind of exciting, really!

3) Grant can roll over both ways, grab toys, and stuff anything he wants into his mouth. He loves to laugh and be tickled. He's got two razor sharp teeth and is working on more teeth for sure, as he is a veritable drool fountain lately. And I think his hair is getting lighter. His top curls are getting more and more goofy looking. The kid has just spectacular hair, that's all there is to it!

Good stuff!

No comments: