Friday, February 5, 2010

Ok, we are so ready now

I was cool with it when Baby Two decided not to arrive on the 25th, my quasi-random guessed birthday for this child, because Matt and I had an unexpected trip to the ER after he took a severe fall on the ice and we thought he might have broken his leg. It didn't seem like a good idea to have a new baby plus a husband that could hardly walk. So it wasn't too bad when the three or four days of painful hobbling did not coincide with labor plus a newborn.

And then Matt (the poor dear) got this horrible stomach bug on my due date. I will not elaborate for the sake of my readers. Let's just say he's been very much laid up, we've been sleeping in separate quarters to avoid him breathing on me, and only today is he really eating again and acting like himself. I've been keeping the kitchen and bathroom obsessively clean, washing hands every 15 minutes, and it is looking like Cooper and I might escape without getting this nasty thing. So that's great.

But now he's better. The bruising on his leg is fading away, and he's eating regular foods. Besically, Matt is no longer a liability.

So let's do this thing. Baby Two... your turn.

No comments: