Tuesday, October 13, 2009

You must be almost due!

With Matt's work schedule finally back to a decent and manageable level, I've started up at my favorite pregnancy activity... pre-natal water aerobics! Yay!

I bought myself a new sporty bikini, dug up my old punch card (had three punches left from 2008, sweeeeet), showed up on time and gave the instructor a big hug. Janet! So good to see you! She was very excited and happy to see me, too. But the first thing she said was a bit of a show stopper- "Oh my goodness, look at you! You must be almost due! You must have wanted to space them really close!"

Uh, no. I just hit the 6 month mark. I wanted to space them by about 2 years, and they will be just shy of the two year goal. I do, however, look far more pregnant than 24 weeks would suggest.

But I was nice and didn't say anything snappy. I laughed and said that I was sure hoping to keep this kid in there until roughly my due date of February 1st. She looked a little embarassed, so I reminded her that with my first pregnancy, I also attained a rather startling shape pretty early on and then kept right on growing until I nearly fell over.

"Oh that's RIGHT! And you had a vaginal birth, right? Didn't your boy weighed nearly 9 pounds?"

Collective gasp from the pregnant ladies in the pool...

I think it's gonna be a long 16 weeks.

No comments: