Saturday, October 31, 2009

Left my ankles in San Francisco

My nearly week-long trip to San Francisco for work was a successful and not terribly stressful time for all, which is great. Cooper was well mannered and survived some extra long days at daycare as well as a few hours of babysitting with a friend, Matt held the fort down admirably and, in his words, "even managed to keep the laundry and dishes under control" (which I can attest to!), and I stayed focused on work as well as stayed healthy.

Really, a very good trip. The only complaint I have is that I seem to have left my ankles in California. They are totally gone- swallowed up by puffy fluid filled skin. In fact, they left a little goodbye note in the form of a dimple where the ankle used to exist.

Gross. Today the swelling is down a fair amount in comparison to Friday, and I'm optimistic that a weekend not sitting in meetings, and not in planes, will really help the situation. But in the meantime, I have a very puffy and unfortunate looking pair of legs-meeting-feet that seem to be entirely devoid of an ankle.

No comments: