Monday, October 26, 2009

Bevy of pregnant ladies

I was at a gathering of pregnant women this morning, and I was totally amused by what I saw... namely, how many faces I knew but did not know that they were pregnant. The best score was a woman I knew from grad school- I think she's awesome, she got married last year, and I had no idea that she was even considering having kids (she's quite significantly older than me). I very nearly laughed out loud when I saw her. Not in a bad way, mind you, just in amused surprise. She's due right at the start of March, which I told her was a GREAT time to have a baby, from my past experience.

I also saw another woman I know from grad school who had a baby right when Cooper was born, so she's clearly on the same track as me for #2. And two friends from my new cohort of water aerobicizers, which was fun. And then a non-pregnant friend that was an administrator for the event, to top off the list.

Good times. I'll have to get in touch with some of these people more often. This sort of thing makes me slightly embarrassed that I don't keep up with my more distant friends more often.

As an added bonus, I got about a million compliments on how well behaved Cooper was, and how incredibly cute he is, and how blue his eyes are, etc etc. He made himself happy with four mini bran muffins and two folding chairs for about an hour. So well mannered!

No comments: