Monday, August 31, 2009

The nap king

Sometimes Cooper takes a short afternoon nap- like 1.5 or two hours. Rarely, he makes it more like 3 hours. Today has reached the level of "personal best," with his nap reaching a whopping 3 hours and 45 minutes. He is still napping, although I suspect he's on the way to waking up. I mean, seriously- I bet the kid is hungry for his midafternoon snack!

I am very glad that he is such a good napper. While sometimes he drives me batty with his desire to wake up early from a nap and then snuggle on the couch for an additional hour, it is very endearing and a fairly rare occurrence. Much more frequently, he naps for about 2 hours and 45 minutes, wakes up grumpy and harrumphs around all whiny and clingy for 15 minutes, and then settles into a nice nutritious snack and some quality time playing in the backyard. What a good kid!

We are now at 3 hours and 48 minutes.

No comments: