Monday, August 17, 2009

Our neighborhood has something in the water

First off, belated congratulations to my neighbors, who had a beautiful baby girl a few weeks ago. The mom, who is a doula, was successful at having her baby at home like she wanted. This is pretty remarkable, because it was a VBAC! Sooo.... welcome Lucia! Her older brother Silas seems to be taking it pretty well (he's 4) and the family looks great.

The other thing that I've been procrastinating talking about on the blog is that Matt and I are expecting another kid in February! Exciting! So far I've had an extremely easy pregnancy. The only things that have plagued me are the first trimester itchies (same as last time) and first trimester sleepiness (much less acute than last time). Other than that, this has been an amazingly simple pregnancy. Oh, and I guess I've gotten a little weird about food again, but not nearly as quirky and picky as last time.

In the last few weeks I've started to really look pregnant, instead of just looking sort of bloated. I must say that in general, I did start to grow a belly far, far, before I did the first time. That's typical from what I've heard.

The kiddo's due date is February 1st, 2010, so the two of them will be just a bit under two years apart. Woo hoo!

No comments: