Friday, August 21, 2009

Wait a minute- scream again...

It is official. Cooper is getting his 2nd year molars. He's been having some weird problems with falling asleep at night, and he's even been waking up now and again at odd hours in the night to whimper sadly in his crib, so Matt and I were suspicious that he might be getting his last set of teeth. Then, two days ago, he was in a terribly hungry and clingy mood (but refusing to eat, of course) when he just started screaming at me for attention. A loud, wide mouthed, obnoxious hollering kinda scream. I was about to employ my usual method to make him stop, which entails grabbing a favorite book of his, sitting on the couch, and telling him that when he's done screaming we'll sit and read about doggies together, when I saw something glinting deep in his mouth.

So I said it. "Wait.. what the... ok, buddy, scream again for momma..." And sure enough, he already has one full molar in there. The other three are probably very sore. So now we are on our normal pattern of giving him some mild pain killers before naps and bedtimes to help him sleep, which has done wonders for his mood.

I reminded Matt last night, as I held a cranky sad little boy that didn't want to go to bed, that these are his last teeth. He's done now. We're done now. Congratulations to us!

No comments: