Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Flippy freakout

The baby definitely was head-down for a few days. You know how I know? Because last night I woke up at 3am to the most amazing uncomfortable SOMETHING going on in my uterus. It was like the baby had been replaced with a rabid raccoon. The intense motion, squirming, skin stretching and even some internal scratching made me nauseous, miserable, freaked out, hungry (weird!) and wide awake. Then- the baby decided it was done, and... that it liked it with its head up, jammed in my ribs, again. The feeling was completely unmistakeable- it was heads up once more, and it took some serious effort to get there.

Once upright, it promptly kicked me in the bladder and lower intestine for about an hour, bringing my self-pitying and indigestion to new heights as I alternately peed, thrashed around in bed, tried not to puke on Matt, and wolfed down a cup of apple sauce. All of this came to a somewhat ridiculous head when Matt, as he was rubbing my back in a half-asleep attempt to make me feel better, asked if maybe some hot tea would be nice. I burst into tears, hugged a pillow and just sat on the side of the bed in total pity-wallowing fashion. Then I hugged the pillow too hard and almost puked, so I had to stand up and avoid vomiting while crying. It was 4am, and I had reached my end.

Sometime after that I fell asleep completely upright in bed, propped by 4 pillows and a blanket into the only position that did not make me feel like I was going to vomit.

This morning I feel better, except that the baby is still upright (kicking is worse in this position, and sitting/driving is bad) and I feel like someone tucked a grapefruit under my left lung.

Note to baby; FLIP BACK OVER. And then stay that way!

No comments: