Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snowboarder!

You know those little green plastic army guys? The ones with guns, bayonets, and hand grenades? These guys?



Well, a while back I found one in the garden. A regular fellow bearing what appears to be a rifle with a bayonet, positioned in a pretty upright stance with gun held vertically from the hip. I stashed him in the junk drawer (god knows why) and Cooper found him yesterday.

But Cooper has NO idea what the little fellow is. And I wasn't about to tell him. So the discovery went like this;

Cooper: WOW!
Me: Whatcha got?
Cooper: WOW! A TINY GUY!
Me: Oh, yeah, that is a tiny guy.
Cooper: He's a snowboarder! With a ski pole! And he wears a ski helmet.
Me: (stifling the urge to giggle) That does look like a snowboard, Cooper. So, what is your tiny guy gonna do?
Cooper: He's gonna go slide down the mountain on his snowboard!

So, my question is this; Did you ever notice that the blob of plastic below the little green army guys, if appropriately blobby, looks like a snowboard? I did not. And the little guy that Cooper has is situated on a blob that is much more symmetrical than the ones in this image I just grabbed off the web- it is actually quite nearly snowboard looking. So the whole thing is funny to me. He's never seen any of the Toy Story movies, nor any other gun or army stuff, so I love the immediate conclusion of what the tiny guy was doing... snowboarding! With a ski pole! And of course he was wearing his ski helmet, I mean, c'mon- you gotta wear that.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Eleanor has a little guy like this except it's blue, because it's a police officer. He's pointing his gun in a very serious way.