Sunday, September 5, 2010

Mr. Demanding

Lately, Cooper has been very bossy and demanding. I've had to start telling him I won't do what he asks unless he uses his "happy voice" i.e. isn't bossing us around, and also we've gotten much more insistent about saying please.

But sometimes, I have to laugh at what he sternly instructs me (or Matt) to do.

He's been fighting his nap today, and he keeps hopping out of bed and using the potty. A few rounds ago, he came out of his room and saw I was using the computer. He stopped dead in his tracks, stared at me, then pointed right at the computer and said, "Momma! Watch bike videos on the peter!" in a very authoritarian voice.

About ten minutes ago, when I thought he was actually asleep, I went outside to help Matt with a gate he's installing. Unknown to me, Cooper then snuck out of his room to use the potty again, and in the process he could have clearly seen Matt and I working on the gate together. Much to my surprise, when I quietly came back into the house, I was greeted not by silence but by a loud yet squeaky command piping up from in the bathroom, "MOMMA! Go back outside and play with Daddy!"

No comments: