Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sometimes I feel like a genius

Cooper's overly earnest and overly specific way of talking makes me laugh. He sounds almost like a Dr. Seuss character. I swear this is almost exactly verbatim- he really does talk like this-

Me: It's cold out today. Let's get you some pants. How about these blue ones?
Cooper: I don't want to wear pants.
Me: These brown ones?
Cooper: I don't want to wear blue pants. I don't want to wear brown pants. I want to wear fish shorts.
Me: You could wear the fish shorts under your pants! That could be fun!
Cooper: No. I don't want to wear pants. I don't want to wear fish shorts under pants. I want to wear no pants.

And then here is where I had a genius parenting move.

Me: OK, let's get those fish shorts on you. (brief interlude) Now, can you please go outside and stand on the deck tell me if it is cold out? (opening the front door, blast of cold morning air pours in)
Cooper: No! I don't want to stand on the deck! It is pretty chilly out! I want to wear my brown pants!

Ha HAAAA!!!!! And that is how I got Cooper to wear brown pants today. And fish shorts. And puppy print undies.

Also, he really says "pretty chilly out" as a phrase. He picked it up from me, apparently.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Me too. I want to wear fish shorts, Sam I am.

Unknown said...

Me too. I want to wear fish shorts, Sam I am.