Sunday, July 25, 2010

First big boy birthday party

All names have been changed to protect the children... my friends are very amusing to me.

___________ the invite ___________

Yo Whores!

My son Tom the puff boy (almost back to normal now from "the incident") has specifically requested your presence for his 4th BDay bash. Sorry I am not sending cute Spiderman invites but Ann's wedding and camping weekend took all my planning strentgh. SO, Sunday 4pm (yeah I know, this coming weekend). We have some slip and slide competition planned, wet t-shirt contest, bocce etc... Please let me know if you are coming so I know how much crap to get.

Can anyone fwd this to Matt's wife 'cause little Cooper has to be there too. Let me know of one of you has her email.

Peace out

Kate

---------- my response ----------

Hi Kate-

Thanks for inviting the family! We'll be there, and Matt is looking
forward to modeling his pecs for the wet teeshirt contest.

See you soon.

-Leigh

____ another response after recalling how Kate told me she hates goody bags _____

Also, Kate, if you could please make sure to fill us a goody bag of useless
plastic crap, especially if it includes some sugary foods and black
permanent markers, that'd be great.

:)

-Leigh

_____________ another friend's response __________

wait, Cooper doesn't get the chocolate-covered espresso beans?

------------- final response from Kate -----------

Great! Tom will be thrilled to have "little Cooper" over! I will make sure to also include sharp objects in the bag (I hate these...better to spend money on beer for the adults).

Kate

No comments: