Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Poor little kid

Grant has been all "off" because he's got both upper front teeth coming in at once. His sleep is all weird (which is to say he's acting more like a normal infant), he bites everything (he almost drew blood on my wrist yesterday) and his spastic nursing is really frustrating to both of us.

This afternoon I did something I've never done before- I gave my own kid a bottle. And he drank it. Of course I have something like 200oz of stored milk in the freezer, so it isn't like this was a sacrifice on my part, but still, I'm sort of shocked. Right now he's busily chewing his hand raw while clutching a clean cloth diaper, bouncing in his bouncer, and loudly hiccuping. Poor little dear seems to do best when he's very, very distracted. I hope those teeth come through soon.

Oh, and yes, we've been giving him ample ibuprofen. It only helps at night, somehow. During the day it doesn't seem to make him any happier.

No comments: