Monday, March 1, 2010

Get out!

The weather here has been painfully nice, and I'm proud to say I'm on a three day (soon to be four day) stretch of getting out into the sunshine for at least an hour with kiddos in tow.

Friday the four of us headed up to Snowbowl to let Cooper get more time on his skiis. He wasn't that into the skiing, but walking around in the snow in his boots and looking at the tame spruce grouse (CHICKEN!!!) near the entrance to the bar was thrilling enough. Grant obliged us by sleeping the whole time, nursing when I was hoping, and then sleeping on the ride home. Good baby.

Saturday I took Cooper to the playground with nice baby swings. Grant slept soundly for all but the last 5 minutes of the journey and Cooper was so excited to have a big open space to run around in. He loves that playground. Swings! Roundabout! Stairs! Slides! Can see the horsies from the top of the slide! Yay!

Sunday I met up with my friend and we walked dogs, chatted, and let Cooper run around in a big open field. Grant slept through it all, as planned. Excellent.

Today the high temp is supposed to be almost 60. Crazy. So far I've taken care of nearly everything around the house that needed tending, including mucking out the chicken coop while Grant takes his long morning snooze. I'm thinking a nice walk in in the sunshine will be an easy sell- especially because Cooper is at daycare today so I have no toddler to coax into shoes and jacket and so forth. Newborns can protest, but it isn't nearly as effective as a running giggling screaming hiding almost 2 year old that knows how to take off his clothes.

No comments: