Monday, March 29, 2010

A few thoughts

I admit, I thought it would be a failure, but the new fancy yet reasonably priced hippy laundry powder that I bought to try it out on a friend's advice TOTALLY WORKS BETTER than the normal stuff we buy at Costco. Noticeably better at zapping baby related stains. Truly. In case you care, it is Charlie's Soap. Maybe not a miracle product, but actually cleans better with the same amount of effort and only a trivially more expensive per-load cost. Go figure. http://www.charliesoap.com

Now I'm going to try using it to make Matt's ski clothing not smell like used teenaged boy's unwashed hockey equipment. Wish me luck.

Also, I'm gonna brag. Grant is a great sleeper. Awesome for his age, and I'm proud of him. I think most of it is inborn, but I do also think some of it is smarter parenting for kid #2. Probably 20% smarter, 80% damn lucky break. That's my guess. Sometimes he sleeps up to six hours in a row at night, and then another three hours after a quick nurse-burp-rock session, which is pretty amazing for seven weeks old.

And Cooper is such a cute kid. His language skills skyrocketed in the last two months or so, and he now says the funniest stuff. He's also becoming much more understandable and is able to hold a thought for a while- so much so that a friend remarked this weekend "Wow! I totally can have a conversation with Cooper now! This is so FUN!" I feel the same way.

Most recent amusing vocabulary additions for Cooper;
Nipple (adorably mispronounced as Nibble)
Guinea Pig
Alligator
Bike Helmet

Some of my favorite things that he still mispronounces are-
Faw-fee (coffee)
Aw-dah Bobble (water bottle)
Boober (Cooper)
Dat Dable (coffee table, which he refers to as "That Table", presumably because we refer to it as such frequently)
Hair-pane (airplane)

This last one is usually shrieked at a very high volume, while running about randomly and pointing in the air, in response to seeing an airplane pass over the house. Like this; HAIRPANE! HAIR PAAAAANE! MAMA!!! MAMA! UP HIGH! HAAAAAIRPAAAANE!!

OMG.

No comments: