Sunday, December 6, 2009

Reading the directions

I can't believe it. I've owned this damn sewing machine for just shy of six years and I never read the last page of the directions. It comes with this little metal thing called a "scrolling foot" that I've never bothered to figure out how to use. Well, turns out with a little practice, a scrolling foot makes FLAWLESS hems, perfectly measured, on any thin flat fabric like flannel, broadcloth, muslin or probably even seersucker. Seems to work on anything relatively thin (i.e. I really doubt that fleece will fit through it properly, although... microfleece...) I am in total heaven with my latest baby blanket project. Farewell, endless ironing, pinning, and cursing. Hello, scrolling foot. Where have you been all my life? Oh, wait, in a little box titled "Sewing odds and ends."

No comments: