Monday, June 1, 2009

Fuzzy and cute?

Cooper is just a little guy, and I know it will take a while for him to learn certain lessons. However, I do wish he would hurry up and learn this one; just because bees are fuzzy, brightly colored, and make an interesting buzzing noise it doesn't mean you should try to pick one up.

He's gotten stung twice now. Both times on the tip of his fingers. Both times far enough away from me- perhaps 15 feet or so- that I have to re-create the incident from evidence at hand. Both times started with child sitting happily in the grass near some flowers. Then, child shrieking and rubbing hand frantically on pants. After some careful observation, tiny throbbing stinger removed from pad of chubby little finger. Lots of whimpering and tears, and a swollen finger.

Poor fellow. I hope he learns soon. And also- poor bees. They do not like this either!

No comments: