Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Three more babies!

Two friends had babies in the last few days- and one of them had twins!

My one friend named her little girl Spencer, which is interesting. I associate Spencer with being a boy's name. What amuses me is that both the parents of this child have gender neutral first names. So I'm giggling at the idea that they were intentionally thinking... "maybe we should name her a boy's name! yeah!" Hee hee hee...

I am meeting up with a mutual friend and doing a visit to see Spencer on Friday, which I am excited about.

The other friend (actually, a friend of a friend, but I do see her around town and at some get-togethers) who had twins managed to hold those girls in for almost 37 weeks. In the last week she was starting to develop pre-eclampsia and so they induced her. I'm thoroughly impressed that both the baby girls weighed over 5 pounds, were born vaginally, and are already at home with mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, and a friend that came in from out of town to help out. Girl twins! Yikes! From the looks of it, these twins are fraternal, but I think it is too early to say for certain.

The friend with twins is the proud owner of all the gender neutral baby clothing that I had that I didn't want to hold onto "for next time." I think she'll be glad to have extras, you know?

I'm forgetting what the twins are named. Tia and... eh... shoot. Tia was one of them. The other was a cute name but I'm not recalling it.

No comments: